In honour of Earth Day 2015, lets pays homage to our beautiful planet by celebrating the importance of using eco-friendly beauty products that do not harm the planet in their production, use or disposal. If you are looking for small ways you can contribute to the health of our environment, here are...
4 simple tips that you can use to green your daily beauty routine:
- Lessen your water usage: Lowering time spent in the shower to under ten minutes and turning off running water while you go through your regular grooming and skin care routine can significantly help reduce water wastage.
* Learn More: Check out these few tips and more water-saving tips from www.wateruseitwisely.com
- Use eco-friendly body care products: Shampoos, conditioners, shower gels and soaps can contain a lot of artificial scents and chemicals that gets flushed into the ecosystem. Opting for natural and eco-friendly body care products can help mitigate harmful ingredients from being released into the environment.
* For a list of ingredients to avoid in your beauty & bath products check out www.davidsuzuki.org
- Avoid aerosols: Shaving creams and hairsprays are commonly packaged in an aerosol spray which is known to contain volatile organic compounds that can negatively impact the environment. In addition to this, aerosol spray cans are very difficult to recycle.
- Opt for recyclable product packaging: There are many types of recyclable beauty packaging that allow for eco-friendly disposable methods. As a green-minded company, washbeautyco. is deeply committed to the idea of zero waste. My packaging is 100% recyclable and my konjac sponge [try it out here] is 100% biodegradable (including the cotton string), meaning it can be conveniently disposed in your compost bin.